lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip reply delayed after long communication idle time

From: Jochen Strohbeck
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip reply delayed after long communication idle time
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 21:56:16 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for your answer.

It seems to me that this is a bug in den ARP protocol handling of 1.4.1 I
did not notice for years.
The only thing I can tell is that the first ping replies take several
seconds. But after some pings everything is ok. But without the pings the
first http communication fails. The wireshark trace shows re-transmissions,
out-of-order and so on.

I merged the changes in etharp of 2.0  into 1.4.1 and things got a lot
better. But only the latest version seems to cure the problem.