lwip-users

[lwip-users] SNMP xxget_value buffer size and SNMP string termination

From: Mário Luzeiro
Subject: [lwip-users] SNMP xxget_value buffer size and SNMP string termination
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 09:33:26 +0000

Hi all,

I have two questions about SNMP buffers and strings:

- on LWIP SNMP, when it gets a value, it passes a "void *value" but there is no
indication about the buffer size. I learned that the SNMP max length of a
string is 255. Is it safe to write always that amount of data to *value ?

- from what I see in LWIP SNMP code, it looks that SNMP strings are *not* NULL
terminated. Searching in the web it was a bit inconclusive, could some one
clarify?

Regards,
Mario Luzeiro