lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] link down handling in dhcp v1.4.1

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] link down handling in dhcp v1.4.1
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 21:22:58 +0100

Am 06.11.2019 um 15:16 schrieb vinu:
Hi all,

I have come across an issue related to DHCP and link status.

The device does not restart the dhcp negotiation whenever the link goes down
and up automatically. Note that I have an interrupt callback for PHY link
up/down.

How should the dhcp be handled when the link up/down event occurs? I have
seen many posts regarding the same, but i just wanted to make sure that we
are doing this in the correct way. Please help.

Make sure you get from the PHY interrupt into tcpip_thread and call
dhcp_network_changed() from there. That should be all.

Regards,
Simon

I just read that dhcp_network_changed() shall be used in case the lease time
has not expired and dhcp_start shall be used if the dhcp server
changes/reboots. Please correct me if i am wrong.

regards,
Vinu