lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Socket: Connection closed before sending all data

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Socket: Connection closed before sending all data
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 21:47:23 +0200

Am 21.05.2019 um 08:59 schrieb ricardoschoof:
When making a basic http server (listen -> accept -> send basic html
repsonse), I get an error when receiving a lot of data (~100k).

Firefox "The connection was reset"
Edge just show the data partially
Telnet won't show all the data, and get a "Connection to host
lost."-message.

I expect the application (since BSD style sockets are blocking) to send the
data before returning, and thereafter close the connection.

Send data before returning from *what*? Because the default is that it
doesn't wait. You can make it wait by enbling SO_LINGER, I think. Have
you cross-checked the behaviour of Linux or another stack?

> [..]

Regards,
Simon