lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp_active_pcbs got corrupted in LwIP 2.0.3

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp_active_pcbs got corrupted in LwIP 2.0.3
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 20:03:27 +0200

Am 09.05.2019 um 11:45 schrieb Yasir Arafat:
Hi,
I am using LwIP 2.0.3 with FreeRTOS version 10. There is separate
'ethernetif_input' task which handles Ethernet. We are running httpd.c
server over raw api as provided by LwIP stack. The priority of Ethernet task
is 2nd most among all threads. It is working fine but randomly somehow
'tcp_active_pcbs' got corrupted and becomes  circular linked list of 'pcb'.
The code got stuck in 'tcp_in.c' under loop 'for (pcb = tcp_active_pcbs; pcb
!= NULL; pcb = pcb->next) '.
This happens most of time when server(controller) is running and if the
controller get restart.
We are starting 'ethernetif_input' task only after all the initialization
takes place.

I tried debugging hard but i don't see anything. That is why I am writing
for the help.

Have you tried searching for similar problems people had in the past? If
so, you would have found that you're probably violating lwIP's threading
requirements...

See also
https://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/multithreading.html
and