lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ASSERT-FAIL (invalid message type)

From: Norberto R. de Goes Jr.
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ASSERT-FAIL (invalid message type)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 16:18:03 -0200

Hi simon.

I found this topic:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2013-03/msg00015.html

Where Sylvain wrote:
"...
Yes, this is the issue, a UDP or TCP control block through netconn must NOT be used from different threads.
However, I must agree, lwIP documentation is probably not clear enough about what is (dis)allowed in a multi-threaded context.
..."

I tink that is my problem here. I am using netconn api. One thread reads packets (created after accept, in server model)  but others write in the same connection.
Please, could be it my problem ?
I saw the "netconn_new_with_callback" method, but my "netconn_recv" is blocking. Is it possible?

Thank you very much.

Em dom, 13 de jan de 2019 às 16:45, address@hidden <address@hidden> escreveu:
Am 13.01.2019 um 12:47 schrieb Norberto R. de Goes Jr.:
> Hi Simon!
>
> About the I related with the WIP_NETCONN_SEM_PER_THREAD parameter was
> the follow topic :
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-devel/2015-10/msg00126.html
> Maybe my association was not good...
>
> OK, is recommended enable the parameter reporteded!
> But how I wrote, I have had crash on assert (tcpip.c), do you can
> suggest anything about that assert-fail, even with
> WIP_NETCONN_SEM_PER_THREAD parameter disabled?

No, that could be anything. The error reported (msg->type invalid) looks
like some memory has been overwritten and has an unexpected value.
However, the value 0xB08FBB7A does not ring a bell for me either...

Regards,
Simon