lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Window Size relation with sending buffer (Tuning TCP ar

From: vr roriz
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Window Size relation with sending buffer (Tuning TCP article)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 11:42:58 +0100

The tcp_connect part is clear. However I still dont understand:

"Window size (TCP_WND):
[...]
If memory allows it, set this as high as possible (16-bit, so 0xFFFF is the highest value), but keep in mind that for every active connection, the full window may have to be buffered until it is acknowledged by the remote side (although this buffer size can still be controlled by TCP_SND_BUF and TCP_SND_QUEUELEN)"

What TCP_WND has to do with the amount of data to be buffered when transmitting?

Em qui, 15 de nov de 2018 às 11:33, address@hidden <address@hidden> escreveu:
On 15.11.2018 11:12, vr roriz wrote:
> [..]
> So, I've got confused of the relation with TCP_WND with the sending
> buffer and queue. I did not find anything relevant in the TCP output
> functions. Just tcp_connect seems to also be using the value (maybe as
> a initial parameter for the sending window?)

tcp_connect only uses TCP_WND to initialize snd_wnd to something. This
will get updated when receiving the first segment from the remote host
(SYN+ACK).

Does that answer all your questions?

Simon