lwip-users

[lwip-users] Device unresponsive after a while Atmel SAM4E

From: Markus Pischinger
Subject: [lwip-users] Device unresponsive after a while Atmel SAM4E
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:23:32 +0000 (GMT)

Hi everybody,

I'm not sure whether this Issue comes from LwIP or not, but maybe someone has experienced something similar already.

The project is based on a Atmel SAM4E Xplained Pro evaluation board with the ASF lwIP raw example (originally used 1.4.1 but updated to 2.0.3). On top of that we've got a Modbus/TCP stack.

A few instances have been brought to my attention where the devices become unresponsive after a while, until they've been restarted. Unresponsive means, that they are being pinged and most of the pings time out.
This happens on a local network, but as soon as you connect directly from a laptop to the device the issue is gone and connection works perfect again. The local network itself shows no issues as well (if you ping a PC at the same end as the device it works flawless).

Since I've never been able to reproduce the issue myself it is hard to resolve it. So if anyone has had anything similar i'd really appreciate the help.

Kind regards,
Markus