lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP RAW + Zynq - Unresponsive Tx path when Rx is activ

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP RAW + Zynq - Unresponsive Tx path when Rx is active
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 20:31:08 +0200

On 14.08.2018 15:23, Nenad Pekez wrote:
[..]
Well, the problem is that I cannot find appropriate third party application which is doing sending and receiving at the same time. I have checked iperf application provided in lwip src, but there the sending is done after the receiving is finished.

Have a 2nd look. When I last checked, this worked :-)
It depends on the iperf client's arguments though. And it might depend on the version of lwIP...

Whatsoever, I did use this application as reference for implementing my application. I was also checking some Xilinx iperf examples.

Since you are debugging a heavy sender

Is this really a heavy sender? It's just 1.5MB per second on a 1Gb Ethernet.

Depending on processor speed, yes, this is a heavy sender.

the web server might be a better
choice.

I cannot find this application in lwip src. Maybe you can give me some references?

src/apps/httpd?

You can also use a bare minimum app that "just sends"

When I do "just sending" or "just receiving" the problem does not exist. I would send you my code on how the sending is done. But basically I just write to TCP buffer from time to time in the main loop and have a counter in tcp_sent callback counting how much data has been acknowledged. Nothing more than that. Maybe I should continue sending from tcp_sent callback?

And sometimes caches... what is it that you have there ?

Wow, caches are story for itself. I still need to check some stuff with caches. Will report on this one.

I still suspect the netif driver...

Cheers,
Simon