lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Socket API send command packaging up data

From: Mike Danby
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Socket API send command packaging up data
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 08:45:26 +0000

When the test program is run for the first 3-5 seconds the each send call will
result is the string (approx. 15 bytes) being transmitted to the client in
separate frames. After that (even though the calls to send continue at a rate
of 1Hz) the strings start to get packaged up into single frames. The number of
strings in the packaged frames grows on a few iterations to be around 20 -25
(frames around 300 bytes).

I also see  the server respond to ARP requests, however the frame is 1514
bytes.  The data in the ARP request is correct but Wireshark notes the
"Ethernet Frame Check Sequence Incorrect", I assume (probably incorrectly)
because the frame size incorrect even though data is good.