lwip-users

[lwip-users] Transition to CMake?

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: [lwip-users] Transition to CMake?
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 10:31:59 +0000

Hello all,

those who watch the lwIP commits have noticed I started working on a CMake based build system.

My question is: Is there an interest in the old Makefile-based system? I'm currently tempted to throw it away :-) I'd just keep the Filelists.mk files for people with Makefile build systems.

The *far* goal would be to also unify the UNIX and Win32 applications. CMake will automatically detect the build host and pull in the appropriate port (Unix/Win32). The netif selection also needs to be per platform, UNIX uses tapif/tunif and Windows uses pcap.
So the next question is: Who cares about simhost/minimal/lib/check project in the unix port? Are they important for someone? I'd say we throw them away and clean up the windows application some more. Currently Simon maintains the Win32 app and I care about the simhost unix app. They basically do the same, so this is a waste of time.

Please guys give us some feedback on this!

Dirk