lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re-Transmission from PC is ignored due to sequence numb

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re-Transmission from PC is ignored due to sequence number
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:38:52 +0200

Daniel L wrote:
> [..]
> However, the overall behaviour still looks weird.
> Wireshark now reports "Spurious Retransmissions" because lwip retransmittes
> a frame which was correctly acknowledged by PC.

That could well be because you changed TCP_TMR_INTERVAL. Don't do that!

> Attached file shows the behaviour.
>
> Our setup is now:
> NO_SYS = 1
> TCP_TMR_INTERVAL = 10  (I don't get the idea of this define...)

Then don't change it. It's not supposed to be changed. If it was, it would
be in opt.h, not in tcp_priv.h!

If guess you want to have faster retransmission, but messing with TCP is
not the correct way to achieve that.

> sys_check_timeouts() is called every 10ms (according to google search,
> sys_check_timeouts() should be called instead of tcp_tmr(), right?)

Right.

Simon