lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] help with mDNS sending a DNS_RRTYPE_SRV query

From: antonio
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] help with mDNS sending a DNS_RRTYPE_SRV query
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 05:14:01 -0700 (MST)

Hi Erik,

I am using a simulation like environment, and since I am using a loopback
interface,  and I am unable to see TX/RX packets through wireshark  on the
*loopback_if *127.0.0.1.

However, I added my own hack functionality
*err_t mdns_resolve(const char* hostname, ip_addr_t *addr,
dns_found_callback fn_callback, void *cb_arg)*{
 gethostbyname(hostname, addr,.....);
}
is able to correctly resolve my own hostname and also neighbor devices.  To
do so, I added an additional function do DNS
to help me resolve my own hostname.
*err_t dns_add_mdns_entry(const char* hostname, const ip_addr_t *addr, u8_t
dns_addrtype)*

So after validating my hostname with MDNS, i.e, after conflict-free
PROBING+ANNOUNCING, I call  dns_add_mdns_entry, which adds my own entry to
the LWIP DNS TABLE.