lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] help with mDNS sending a DNS_RRTYPE_SRV query

From: antonio
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] help with mDNS sending a DNS_RRTYPE_SRV query
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 15:45:02 -0700 (MST)

On 05.04.2018 16:24, antonio wrote:
> I have a small application using MDNS, and I use the loopback interface.
> At the beginning the Thread1 starts the MDNS process,

Q: Wait, why are you talking about threads? You are using the callback API
of lwIP, right? There should not be more than one thread in that case.

Hi Simon,

The problem is the function that requires recursion (*mdns_readname*). The
error is related to */Stack Overflow/.. *
Since to build a *DNS_RRTYPE_A* responses does not use that function, then
it works perfectly.

Inside function mdns_add_srv_answer()... setting the last input parameter of
mdns_add_answer() to NULL,
solves this problem since it will not call mdns_write_domain, which in turn
calls *mdns_readname*.

But I am not happy with the ack.