lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [OT] httpd: download static files from an external HTTP

From: Jan Menzel
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [OT] httpd: download static files from an external HTTP server
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 20:08:30 +0100

On 20.02.2018 11:01, Giuseppe Modugno wrote:
[...]
> I don't need to change this behaviour at runtime or depending on a
> variable in the MCU that runs lwip/httpd. I will decide this behaviour
> at *compile time*, so when generating the httpd filesystem. I'm
> searching for an *HTML only* technique that let me change the URIs from
> one type to the other by changing a single point in a single file.

You can either have two sets of html files and select at compile time
which to link. Or you can modify makefsdata to accept a new command line
switch which enables some kind of query-replace logic to update your
urls. Or you can modify the generated fsdata.c by inserting preprocessor
variables. This works as long as you do not use deflate compression and
keep the web pages mostly constant.

        Jan