lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Is it possible to pass ARP requests from the Ethernet t

From: Patrick Klos
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Is it possible to pass ARP requests from the Ethernet to PPPoS?
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 10:27:19 -0500

On 2/8/2018 2:38 AM, Sturman_1 wrote:
I use microcontroller and want to connect GSM(PPPos) modem to PC(Ethernet)
via controller. I have read that LwIP can forward ipv4 packets. But in order
to forward ipv4 packets first need a set connection. The PC sends an ARP
request and how to make it get an answer. Can I take bytes from the receive
buffer and encode them into the PPP packet? and after send to the GSM modem

PPP does not support ARP.  You need your ethernet interface to provide the ARP response (in the LwIP stack).

I believe to do IPv4 forwarding, each interface will need their own IP address, and LwIP would need to have a route or two to route them?

Patrick Klos
Klos Technologies, Inc.