lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP retransmission

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP retransmission
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 19:39:01 +0100

Nikolas Karakotas wrote:
I'm facing an issue on-site where there is quite a lot of traffic.
Sometimes I can see from the log that we have a TCP re-transmission
and we once the packet is re transmitted the data we receive is
impartial. As a result our modbus driver responds with and error.
I can see that the the modbus header is partial correct but the rest
is junk. This is very difficult to reproduce but some insight may help
me to find the issue. So do you believe it's an issue with the:

If you really want help, you'll at least have to attach a packet trace file, not some image. Also, explain which communication we see in that file (explain IPs, connections, applications, etc). Plus, tell us exactly which packet you seem is wrong. All that makes it much easier to have a quick look and maybe see something. From the picture you sent, I can see just about nothing.

1. Ethernet driver
2. Application layer dealing with fragmented packet

Ah, see, both can be wrong, I guess. And the lwIP port can be bad as well. How could we know without even knowing what you are using, where it comes from, etc.
Share some more input and maybe someone here can help you.

Simon