lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] 2 Devices

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] 2 Devices
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 21:09:40 +0100

Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
Try SO_BINDTODEVICE socket option

A better description for this short answer is: having 2 netifs on the same subnet was not supported until we implemented SO_BINDTODEVICE. It might now work, but there might be pitfalls we haven't thought of/haven't tested yet.

Having those 2 netifs on different subnets (like a router) should have worked always. Basically, as Fabian got it, finding the netif to send responses is the tricky part, which fails without BINDTODEVICE when 2 netifs are on the same subnet.

Simon