lwip-users

[lwip-users] Externally allocated memory pool for pbufs

From: Olivier Desenfans
Subject: [lwip-users] Externally allocated memory pool for pbufs
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 15:40:58 +0100

Hello,

I am currently porting LwIP to our in-house RTOS. I am trying to
implement zero-copy transfers (both TX and RX). I have several
questions.

Regarding the TX side of things, our RTOS enables the MMU and provides
facilities for DMA-based drivers to allocate uncacheable memory
beforehand in order to avoid cleaning the caches at run-time. The
problem is that I don't see/understand existing facilities for
creating a pbuf pool in an allocated zone. This post:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2014-02/msg00003.html
refers the issue I'm encountering. Has this been implemented since?
What are my options?

For the RX side, things look a little simpler. I am thinking of
following this example:
http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/Zero-Copy-support-td27334.html#a27365.
Is this the right direction?

Thanks,