lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwipopts: TX_SINGLE_PBUF

From: David Gauchard
Subject: [lwip-users] lwipopts: TX_SINGLE_PBUF
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 11:05:57 +0200

Hello,

I'm using
        #define LWIP_NETIF_TX_SINGLE_PBUF 1
with
        #define TCP_OVERSIZE TCP_MSS

which is usually working quite well with STABLE-2_0_3_RELEASE.

However, I sometimes encounter a fragmented pbuf in the linkouput function,
wich breaks thinks with the link layer api.

There are two comments in opt.h:
"@todo: TCP and IP-frag do not work with this, yet:" next to
LWIP_NETIF_TX_SINGLE_PBUF
"Try to create unfragmented TCP packets" next to TCP_OVERSIZE

Is there anything planned to get rid of the "todo" and "try" in the above
comments ?

The hardware is esp8266 with its firmware "nonos-sdk".  Its link-layer
cannot honour fragmented pbuf.
To be more precise, the closed source link layer is tight to lwip1.4,
and we managed to wrap lwip1.4 netif api interface and use lwip2 on top of it.
https://github.com/d-a-v/esp82xx-nonos-linklayer#how-it-works

Thanks