lwip-users

[lwip-users] mdns responds when connected as udp, but not to multicast r

From: transistorman
Subject: [lwip-users] mdns responds when connected as udp, but not to multicast received on network
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 06:17:10 -0700 (MST)

Hello,
I am debugging mdns. If I use a ncat terminal and send a packet on port 5353
to my Atmel SAM E70 board, the CPU gets to the breakpoint I put in
mdns_recv(void *arg, struct udp_pcb *pcb, struct pbuf *p, const ip_addr_t
*addr, u16_t port). When I see mdns packets on the network with Wireshark,
the handler never gets called.

I initialize the code with:
mdns_resp_init();
mdns_resp_add_netif(netif, "myname", 3600);

Also, am I supposed to see an mdns broadcast transmitted periodically? I
don't seem to see any portion in the code that does that.
Frank