lwip-users

[lwip-users] udp_send / udp_recv thread safefy

From: Ricardo Martins
Subject: [lwip-users] udp_send / udp_recv thread safefy
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 11:04:02 +0100

Hi,

I'm doing some work with LWIP 2.0.2 using the raw API to send and receive UDP datagrams and I have a doubt regarding the thread safety of udp_send and udp_recv. Right now I have a single UDP PCB instance and I'm handling incoming datagrams in one thread using the recv callback (I assume this thread is the tcpip_thread) and sending UDP datagrams in another thread. Is this safe or should I queue my UDP transmissions using the tcpip_callback_with_block ?

Kind regards,
Ricardo Martins