lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] how to set the link up

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] how to set the link up
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 17:21:47 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 02:40:05PM +0000, Noam Weissman wrote:
> Hi Sylvian,
>
> THANKS for pointing this out !!!.
>
> I am using the code I sent for several years and was not aware of that :-(

I wonder how that can happen, this is properly documented in the main
API documentation file, Multithreading part:
  http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_0_x/raw_api.html

> The base code was taken from ST example !!

I had to play with STM32 HAL this year. I would not recommend using it
for any usage whatsoever.

> I could not find netifapi_netif_set_link_up ... did you mean
> netifapi_netif_set_up ?

I really mean netifapi_netif_set_link_up, however I'm not sure when it
appeared. In case it doesn't exist, using tcpip_callback() should do the
job anyway given the netif_set_link_up signature.

Sylvain