lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] UDP-based reliable bulk data transfer

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] UDP-based reliable bulk data transfer
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 22:54:46 +0200

I can't comment on the suggested protocols, but...

pupkin wrote:
I need to send large quantities of data reliably from a Zynq-based device to
a PC.

Although the name does not match: if you plan to implement a reliable protocol over UDP, you could try and make it implement the new (git master) API/protocol type "altcp", which cuts the link-time binding between an application and TCP. Change requests to make this API fit your needs are welcome!

I will need support for zero-copy with scatter-gather DMA.

I'm in the progress of reviewing zero-copy scatter-gather I/O. It should basically work, but specifically alignment of TX buffers remains to be reviewed... Again, any input or change requests are welcome.

Simon