lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Debug pppos packet loss issue

From: Patrick Klos
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Debug pppos packet loss issue
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 09:44:58 -0500

On 3/3/2017 5:59 AM, Axel Lin wrote:
Axel Lin" wrote:
LTE or not doesn't matter much: TCP should rearrange the stream based on good checksums and sequence numbers.
If anything is wrong at the application level, I would first debug the
application, not the PPP connection.
Actually, I did check the application code multiple times.
Today I try the same application code using wifi module and there is no problem.
The download size mismatch issue only happens when using LTE module.

I would like to remind you that using WiFi or ethernet will have completely different timing that PPP. I also don't know if the context from which you report PPP packets is similar enough to the context from which WiFi and ethernet packets are reported to the LwIP stack? Just things to keep in mind...

Patrick