lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Example of changes needed to switch from 1.4.1 to 2.0.1

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Example of changes needed to switch from 1.4.1 to 2.0.1
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 09:31:57 +0100

Mikael Eiman wrote:
> I recently switched from 1.4.1 to 2.0.1, and thought it might be useful for
> someone to see what changes I had to make to make the switch.

Yes, thanks for sharing.

> - tweaked include path to lwip/opt.h in my driver .c

I don't understand that. opt.h should not have moved.

> In my application code I did this (code provides internal API similar to
> netconn using the raw API, NO_SYS is 1):
> [..]
> - switched include lwip/tcp_impl.h to lwip/priv/tcp_priv.h
> - switched include lwip/ip_frag.h to lwip/ip4_frag.h

Why would you need those two? The priv headers are explicitly not to be
included in an application.
Of course if you write another API, that's might be a different thing, but be
aware this is deliberately
not a public API file so not kept stable.

> All in all, things seem to be working and the switch was a lot easier than I
> expected.

That's good to hear :-)

Simon