lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Handling ERR_MEM from tcp_close()

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Handling ERR_MEM from tcp_close()
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 14:52:08 +0100

Sergio R. Caprile wrote:
> I use an extra CLOSING state, so the poll callback can kick in.
> When closing, if close succeeds, state is CLOSED and everybody is happy.
> Otherwise, state is CLOSING and the poll callback will retry.

While discussing bug #47485, we kind of decided that it would be good for the
core
code to not fail with ERR_MEM (i.e. out of pbufs when enqueueing the FIN) but
just
retry to enqueue the FIN from tcp_tmr(). The result would be pretty much the
same
as your code you explained but it would be there once and for all...

That's future talk, though.

Simon