lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Tuning UDP

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Tuning UDP
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:32:59 -0300

 * @return ERR_OK if data was sent, any other err_t on error
 */
err_t
netconn_sendto(struct netconn *conn, struct netbuf *buf, ip_addr_t *addr, u16_t port)

Instead of tuning UDP, I think you should first try checking return codes to see if datagrams are being sent or what. Maybe (just maybe) you don't have enough memory and UDP is telling you to stop pushing and you are not hearing ? If there is a problem with the way you are using netconn, I can't help you.

And besides that:
- running an application you know for sure works OK (like the examples in the contrib tree), to check if your port (which is...) and your driver (you got from...) work as expected.
- ah, and your hardware...

And you know messages are lost because... have you actually run a sniffer ? Can you post a capture file ? Do you lose all, one and one, random, those are sometimes clues on what is going on and might point to a faulty driver or...