lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] prioritizing of active connections

From: Noam Weissman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] prioritizing of active connections
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 13:07:07 +0000

Hi,

I was not near my working PC so I could not show any real code.

As far as I understand if you set 0 timeout as soon as you exit the call back

that it was set in it and return to the LwIP context your function will be called !

When you work with RAW API, everything is running under one task (if you have an OS)

Or in the same context. I am not sure how it works when you do not have an OS because

I did not work without it.

Any way the TCP stack is doing some housekeeping: responding to ACK, sending ACK, SYN etc…

Whenever you get a packet and the TCP stack call’s your recv callback the TCP stack is not running

until you exit from the callback. Once you exit from the callback the TCP stack returns to do its own

housekeeping… If you set a timer it starts to run after you exit the callback.

What can you do with the sys_timeout function… Lets assume that you get 300 bytes of data

and you need to process it… In recv callback you get the data, transfer it to a buffer and raise a flag to let

main handle the new data. Once main finished processing the data it can set another flag.

At the TCP stack you can set a timer at say 50ms… every 50ms it will call your timer callback function:

Define a function like this:

static void TcpDealyedSendHandler(void *arg)

{

  // does something

  IF data ready then process it and if needed, send it using tcp_write…

  ELSE start the timer again

   sys_timeout( 50, TcpDealyedSendHandler, NULL);

}

.

.

In your recv or any other callback set the timeout

    sys_timeout( 50, TcpDealyedSendHandler, NULL);

The above is just pseudo code to illustrate what I mean

BR,

Noam.