lwip-users

[lwip-users] tcp_echo sample for lpc17xx (LPCopen 2.10)

From: TJO
Subject: [lwip-users] tcp_echo sample for lpc17xx (LPCopen 2.10)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 06:03:47 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

I'm currently trying out some lwip demo's for my LPC1788 hardware.
In the LPCopen 2.10 package there is some demo application (tcp echo) using
lwip 1.4.1

One using raw TCP/IP standaolone (No RTOS) and one using Netconn API in
FreeRTOS.
I have written a simple TCP client test app in c#. It connects to the IP
number, sends a package in 128 byte  chunks. The lwip demo returnes every
received bytes.
The test application measure the roundtrip time (Write to read).
I'm using 500 bytes data for test.

The lwip RAW TCP demo runs fine. Ok performance and round trip times
Now the same test on the lwip Netconn FreeRTOS demo har poor performance.
Some roundtrip time takes about ~300 ms. (Nagle is disabled in the lwip demo
and in the test application). When I reduce the returned data, from the TCP
echo demo, to be fixed at 10 bytes no roundtrip of 300 ms occure.
Seems the netconn_write can take it times if the stack is busy?
Also, after a while the lwip asserts with ".../..." ??

My question. Is it the lwip Netconn FreeRTOs demo poorly made?
Is it the netconn API that has problem?

Any experience with freeRtos, lwip and netconn?

thanks, Thomas