lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp_accepted() and 1.4.1 -> 2.0.0

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp_accepted() and 1.4.1 -> 2.0.0
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 08:15:11 +0200

Sergio R. Caprile wrote:
> I've just read the brand new shiny 2.0.0 docs, and tcp_accepted() has
> been put to sleep, six feet under, pushing up the daisies.

That's true: backlog handling has changed, but tcp_accepted() is (for now)
still provided
as a compatibility macro defined to nothing.

The new backlog handling is done by two functions: tcp_backlog_delayed() and
tcp_backlog_accepted()
which count up and down the number of outstanding connections. This is tested
against
the listening pcb's backlog setting and new connections are rejected eventually.

The downside of lwIP's 'accepted' mechanism is that at this point, the tcp
handshake is
already done, so even if you set an accepted pcb as 'delayed', the remote side
thinks
the connection is established...

> am I in the correct path ?

Yes. Unless you need the backlog feature.

Simon