lwip-users

[lwip-users] How do I close a socket/netconn TCP connection

From: Jan Menzel
Subject: [lwip-users] How do I close a socket/netconn TCP connection
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 14:32:06 +0200

Hi all!
        Whats the correct way to close a socket/netconn TCP connection without
loosing any data in send window? I'm using an OS and version 1.4.1. I've
written some terminating message into the connection and now like to
close and free it. Unfortunately a call to lwip_shutdown() seems to
result in a RST with some data loss. The code I'm currently using calls
lwip_shutdown() followed by lwip_close(). How do I wait for remaining
data to be send out and then close the connection gracefully (I'd prefer
to see FIN rather then RST). Thank You!

        Jan