lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problems with sending UDP packets in FreeRTOS

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problems with sending UDP packets in FreeRTOS
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 13:02:06 +0200

Mike Fleetwood wrote:
> If, by "low level netif driver" you mean the ethernet adaptor interface driver

That's it.

> - that was provided by ST, and is the latest version they offer - I'm not
> aware of any reported problems with it.

I've had a quick look at the ethernetif.c file generated by CubeMX: at least
for the F439, it returns
ERR_USE when no more TX DMA descriptors are available. This is clearly a bug as
ERR_USE means "Address in use"
(and it has been like that since the beginning of the universe). ERR_MEM would
be a better return value.

[You might want to report that bug back to STM]

In any case, you try to send faster than the chip or the cable can...

Simon