lwip-users

[lwip-users] raw API

From: A480G
Subject: [lwip-users] raw API
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 08:23:21 -0700 (MST)

Hello guys,

I'm new to networking especially to lwIP development, anyway my goal is to
develop a method that I can reach a file located in a SD card and download
it.
Well I figured it out that using a FTP server will be the suitable
application.  I found a already build library with FatFs included, so that
is perfect for me. But the problem is that i can't download a file larger
that 1480bytes, the size of a TCP_MSS. I've asked before in the forum where
my mistake might be, but I got a replie that with RAW API streaming packages
cannot be achieved. (the FTP is build on RAW API)
I can't figure it out my self why that cannot be achieved, as I said I'm
really new to this topic so please can you give me some advises or a
direction where i should start from. The FTP library is working perfectly
the only problem I've got is the "get" command where the maximum data is
1480.
I guess, there should be a package streaming, I found an example by ATMEL
with SAM4E-ek of a FTP server, the server was using Socket API, but not
lwIP.
My question:
Should I continue studding RAW API and understand how I can stream packages
so I can send let say 1000 packages in one goal??

OR should I proceed to Netconn API or Socket API.
Your attention will be highly appreciated!!!