lwip-users

[lwip-users] socket slow down

From: Rastislav Uhrin
Subject: [lwip-users] socket slow down
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 12:42:57 +0200

Hello,

I need advice and help on one issue with lwip stack version 1.4.1. I am new to this stack and to networking in general. Nevertheless I have integrated it to application on Infineon xmc processor together with FreeRTOS.

Looking on many different examples on the internet and many trial and error. I am using netconn sockets. Application works!

The only problem is that after some time, better say after exchanging several 10-100 packets of different sizes, response gets slow. From 2ms down to 2-3seconds. It still works but slow. Same if I use ping.

I tried all possible setting of lwip options but of course since I don’t have deep insight of what they influence I was not able to improve this behavior.

I would appreciate if you can give me a hint what could be wrong, what could I check, how to proceed to debug this strange behavior.

I tried also new version 2.0 of stack but behavior is same.

rum