lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Delays over WiFi

From: Mortimer76
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Delays over WiFi
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 22:06:38 -0700 (MST)

The web client is able to open up a connection to our web server and does a
post request.
100ms after it received the answer from the web server the web client starts
a new post request and so on.
The connection to the web server is kept alive from both sides until the web
client is closed or there is a communication timeout.

I measure the time for a post request from the start at the web client,
until the answer from the web server is received again by the web client.
Normally such a request takes about 80ms. Sometimes, as I said in 5 of 10000
times, such a post request takes one second or even more, e.g. 10 seconds.

Our web client is configured to close the current connection to the web
server if it does not receive an answer to its post request for more than 5
seconds.
Our web server is configured to close the current connection to the web
client if there is no communication for more than 5 seconds.

If I deactivate the timeouts on the server and the client then 100% of the
post requests succeed but as I said about 0.05% of them with a delay of 1 to
20 seconds.

If the connection was closed after a timeout either on the server or the
client the web client opens a new connection to the server and it starts
again to send a new post request.