lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] steps to compile Lwip !

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] steps to compile Lwip !
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 20:43:14 +0200

Answering the mail before: of course it's possible to compile lwIP with a makefile!

thiyagu1989 wrote:
Initially my plan is to configure LwIP
and create a small application to communicate with the Hardware .

I don't understand that.

  As a
starter , I know I shouldn't be so jealous :) .

What are you jealous of?

  So as a first step, I am
planning to compile the downloaded Lwip source in eclipse IDE with my
application but I couldnt find any Makefile.

LwIP is a library, you just need to add the sources (and some include paths) to your project. That works for eclipse projects, MSVC projects or makefiles. Starting with 2.0.0 Beta1, we do have "Filelist.mk", which at least provides the files as input for a Makefile. However, a full Makefile would mean you compile into a full application (or a .so or .a), but that is platform dependent.

  I had seen the some examples
but that are ported to particular MCU.

That's what lwIP is: a platform independent library which cannot be used on its own. You need a platform port and a netif driver to work with it.

  Is there any one created a project
with an easy application and stub Ethernet driver so that it will be easy
for me understand ?

In the contrib module (available on the download page, too), there are some example ports for windows and linux/unix. Maybe that's what you are looking for?

Simon