lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Degrading performance and etharp proterr

From: Freddie Chopin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Degrading performance and etharp proterr
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 09:59:59 +0200

On śro, 2016-04-13 at 10:52 +0200, Freddie Chopin wrote:
> On śro, 2016-04-13 at 10:23 +0200, Francisco Expósito wrote:
> >
> > Hi Freddie,
> >
> > Thank you very much for your quick answer.
> >
> > It seems that ST hasn’t corrected yet its EMAC driver in version
> > 1.4.4 (22-January-2016).
> >
> > Have you managed to find an alternative driver or have you made
> > corrections to the ST one?
> >
> > I’m a total newbie and I don’t know if I will be able to make the
> > corrections that RAc suggests in this thread…
> >
> > Thanks again for your help!
> I'm using the driver as provided in the package with HAL for STM32F4,
> but adapted for my own RTOS ( http://distortos.org/ ). I didn't
> change
> much in the driver, so I guess that if the bug is there, then I will
> experience it sooner or later...
>
> Very soon I'll start some test which will involve long uptime. I'll
> let
> you know whether I have it too

Hello again!

A few days ago I had my project running for almost 3 days straight and
there were no noticeable problems with network connections - it worked
OK for the whole period.

For now I'm assuming that when using driver from STM32F4 package and
new lwIP there's no problem of degrading performance. If anything
changes that assumption in the future, I'll write again. I have a very
limited data set, because I only experienced this problem once, but
this was 3 years ago, with different chip, different PHY, different
RTOS and different project...

Regards,
FCh