lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP SYN to UDP port

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP SYN to UDP port
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 12:52:36 +0200

Esa Hill wrote:
> I already studied it a bit, but I wasn't sure where I could get information
> that we are handling a UDP socket there.
> Or could I assume that it's not a TCP socket and therefore skip the RST?

I totally don't get that question.

> I forgot to say that we have a list of open ports and we will drop all IPv4
> packets in Ethernet driver layer if
> we don't have the destination port open. That is why there are no RST
> done just to save resources.

Well, thanks for not saying this earlyier ;-)
Of course, if you almost randomly filter out packets, you can't expect us to
explain the observed behaviour.
Before implementing such a change, you should obviously know very well what you
are doing (e.g.: UDP has
really and absolutely nothing to do with TCP!).

Simon