lwip-users

[lwip-users] HTTP Auth, LWIP connection management and FIN packets

From: Gustavo Pinho Oliveira
Subject: [lwip-users] HTTP Auth, LWIP connection management and FIN packets
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 18:58:54 +0000

Hello,
I'm having some problems implementing HTTP Authentication using Raw LwIP.

I have two stm32f4 that I want to interface using HTTP.
To make the system more secure I'm implementing HTTP digest authentication between the devices.
Everything works fine if I use a pc (Ubuntu 14.04.3) as a party on the negotiation, only micro to micro is failing.

My problem is that the server side of the request doesn't receive the authenticated request.
I will try to clarify.

Let's assume the micro getting the request is "A", the micro sending the request is "B".

B -> SYN -> A // B connects to A
A -> SYN, ACK -> B // A accepts the connection and connects to B
B -> PUSH, ACK -> A // B send the un-authenticated request
A -> PUSH, ACK -> B // A challenges B with digest authentication
// At this point I call tcp_close() on B
// and tcp_connect for the authenticated request
B -> SYN -> A // B tries to make the 2nd connection to A
B -> FIN, ACK -> A // B signals the end of the previous connection

A tcp_accept callback is never called.

I have 10 tcp_pcb configured in each side and these are only connections going on.

I'm currently trying to make a workaround using the same connection but I would prefer two different connections.

If I can add any details, please ask.
Gustavo