lwip-users

[lwip-users] ERR_RTE in tcp_connect (lwip_connect)

From: alhadpalkar
Subject: [lwip-users] ERR_RTE in tcp_connect (lwip_connect)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 10:47:17 -0700 (MST)

I recently moved from LWIP 1.4.1 to master. I had to make some changes in
order to make my port work. For example, i now have to call
netifapi_netif_set_up() before calling netifapi_dhcp_start(). I am able to
successfully get an IP address but when i try to perform a connect I get the
ERR_RTE error. On further inspection it turns out that I am hitting this
condition

src/core/tcp.c:773 in tcp_connect()

    if ((netif == NULL) || (local_ip == NULL)) {
      /* Don't even try to send a SYN packet if we have no route
         since that will fail. */
      return ERR_RTE;
    }

What could be the reason for this? Is there something I need to do before I
can call lwip_connect()

Thanks,
Alhad