lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Questions about how to get a robust lwIP TCP Raw API se

From: Noam Weissman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Questions about how to get a robust lwIP TCP Raw API server application.
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:17:35 +0000

OK :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Sergio R. Caprile
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 5:31 PM
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Questions about how to get a robust lwIP TCP Raw API
server application.

Sorry bom, please don't consider this as thread hijacking, I think you'll find
this useful too.

I do work on baremetal, and always thought a move like DP's is OK, I don't see
any problem with that. OS task switches would be seen by lwIP as peripheral
interrupts. As long as all lwIP calling code is in the same thread, I don't see
any issues.
Yes, perhaps using the OS would take advantage of it, but not using it enables
porting code from bare metal to OS a no hassle. Otherwise, one would have to
keep two copies of his applications.