lwip-users

[lwip-users] tcpip thread / no_sys

From: Michael Steinberg
Subject: [lwip-users] tcpip thread / no_sys
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 18:41:22 +0200

Hello,

during my implementation of a STM32F4 port I'm running across the
situation where I want to roll my own ip-thread, because I have more
base protocols (ptp for instance, more to come) rolling in that service
(want to use raw api) and I'm crossing thread boundaries very often. Now
the NO_SYS api would be a good match to drive lwip from my custom thread
I suppose? According to sources and documentation lwip-tcpip-thread as
well as the no_sys-api both directly incorporate the scheduling theme
instead of passing the problem to a kind of "scheduler api", which could
be exchanged. Now obviously I need timing for my own constructs in my
thread, that way I'm basically having 2 timer schedulers running in my
custom thread (ie. my own and the one lwip is doing). Is there a way to
forward lwip's timing requirements to my "timer service" without hacking
around in lwip's sources or copying/changing it over to my own sources?

Kind regards,
Michael