lwip-users

[lwip-users] Two UDP kills DHCP?

From: Xun Chen
Subject: [lwip-users] Two UDP kills DHCP?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 10:54:18 -0400

Hi all,

I am picking up an old lwip project to add an extra function via a new UDP socket.

The original project runs on lwip 1.4.1 without RTOS. It has one UDP and one TCP sockets, simple HTTP support, and it acquires its IP via DHCP.

The orders are like

http_init;

udp_new
udp_bind
udp_recv

tcp_new
tcp_bind
tcp_accept

It still runs fine

So I begin to add new codes to support the second UDP socket

http_init;

udp_new
udp_bind
udp_recv

p_pcb=udp_new(); <<< new UDP socket

tcp_new
tcp_bind
tcp_accept

but this new line (which did't not return any error) will cause DHCP not working any more, it will not acquire an IP.

I assume something may be set up wrong in lwipopts.h, but I couldn't figure out what

Can anyone give me a pointer?

Thanks!