lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip with two ethernet ports

From: bernard
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip with two ethernet ports
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 08:52:07 +0800

Hi Eason,
There is no route table inside lwIP. About the out packet, lwIP will search the interface according to ip addr/mask of each ethernet interface. If no result, the packet will be sent to the default interface.

Therefore, please let the two interfaces in different sub-network, for example,
192.168.1.xx;
192.168.2.xx;

If these two interfaces are in same sub-network, lwIP is wondering which one is the correct one and then only send to the first one.

BTW,
If you want to use the packet forward function simply from one interface to another interface, you can look at the lwIP NAT implementation in RT-Thread RTOS:
https://github.com/RT-Thread/rt-thread/tree/master/components/net/lwip_nat

Best Regards,
Bernard Xiong

Hi Simon, I have some questions.

I add the second interface(struct netif* xnetif_1) by using
netif_add(xnetif_1, &ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, NULL, ethernetif_init,
tcpip_input);,
and I don't set it to default interface, isn't it? No metter what I add, I
just set default interface on first interface(struct netif* xnetif_0).

In ip_input(), it forwards packets to correct interface if the packets are
not for currently interface, so I shouldn't edit any other codes? Or designe
a routing table?