lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] packet order with tcp_recv

From: Krzysztof Wesołowski
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] packet order with tcp_recv
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:06:34 +0200

I think that without this flag out of order packets are dropped, TCP stream with out of order packets will be completely unusable.

Regards,
Krzysztof Wesołowski

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Richner Simon <address@hidden> wrote:
I think I found the answer in the lwip options:

/**
 * TCP_QUEUE_OOSEQ==1: TCP will queue segments that arrive out of order.
 * Define to 0 if your device is low on memory.
 */

I didn't analyze the code, but to my understanding this means: If this flag is set (default), then lwip will queue out of order segments and wait for the missing segment, before calling tcp_recv. In this case the application doesn't need to worry about out of order packets.

Please let me know  if I'm mistaken.

Cheers, Simon