lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ppp-new threading question

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ppp-new threading question
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:38:11 -0600

Ok, that's what I thought. I will have to re-implement sio_write().

What I'm concerned also is, sio_write() is meant to block until all data is pushed out. This can be more than a second in a slow 9600bps connection (still used sometimes!!!). Will PPP try to do something during this time like try to re-send the packet or think it was lost? I'm not familiar with the internal ppp timer processes.

It also means more dynamic memory allocation since a reference to pbuf is not passed to sio_write().

Just thinking out loud I guess :-)

Cheers
Ivan