lwip-users

[lwip-users] problem with multiple UDP sockets

From: Jeremy Link
Subject: [lwip-users] problem with multiple UDP sockets
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 13:34:35 -0700

I'm running FreeRTOS 8.1 with LwIP 1.3.2.

In one of my threads, I create 2 UDP sockets (using netconn) with different port numbers.

One of them I connect to INADDR_BROADCAST (multicast transmit) and the other I bind to INADDR_ANY (receive from anyone).

Ideally, I would use the same socket, but I found that it did not work.

With 2 sockets, only the one that I create first works.

If I create my Tx socket first, then my Rx socket will report back an ICMP message that the port is unreachable.

If I create my Rx socket first, then I can receive, but my netconn_send() call will block.

Any ideas on what could be happening here?

Thanks.