lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LCP fails to negotiate options continuously after many

From: Andrew Westberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LCP fails to negotiate options continuously after many previous successes
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 10:59:14 -0400

No, ppp_set_default() was what I was missing originally, but once I did set that, the exception started happening. It's occurring in

ip4.c around line 377 (my line numbers may be a bit off as I might have added some extra debugging code)

 ip_addr_copy(*ipX_2_ip(&ip_data.current_iphdr_dest), iphdr->dest);

There is some issue with iphdr->dest as if the memory isn't valid or has already been free'd or something.

- Andrew Westberg

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Sylvain Rochet <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Andrew,

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:57:51PM -0400, Andrew Westberg wrote:
> I'm using the savannah git repository, not github as I stated earlier. I've
> spent all afternoon and evening trying to get the new_ppp branch to work.
> It wouldn't ever get the default netif in order to make a DNS query. It
> looks like the default netif is not set in ipcp_up, so I tried adding that.
> Unfortunately, that seems to cause an exception somewhere that's nearly
> impossible to trace down.

Maybe you missed that:

/*
 * Set a PPP interface as the default network interface
 * (used to output all packets for which no specific route is found).
 */
void ppp_set_default(ppp_pcb *pcb);

Sylvain