lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ppp-new IP forwarding only works one direction (Etherne

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ppp-new IP forwarding only works one direction (Ethernet to PPP)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 19:01:18 +0200

Hello Charles,

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:13:02PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> Sylvain,
>
> I applied the new patch, but the following statement always cause Data
> Abort exception run-time error. No matter I set ETH_PAD_SIZE to 0 or
> 2. The good thing is my compiler doesn't generate any error message
> for the new patch.
>
> *((ppp_pcb**)payload) = pcb;

Yeah, of course, there is an alignment problem here, pbuf->payload might
be unaligned, here is a new patch with an helper packed struct which
should fix the issue.

It was fine with a PBUF_RAW because the pointer was put deliberately in
front of the buffer, buffer which was allocated on alignment by lwIP.

You don't need to set ETH_PAD_SIZE, this is not necessary.

> Another thing I am not so sure is the macro PPP_USE_PBUF_RAM. I always
> set it to 1 in lwipopts.h, but I think the default is set to 0 in
> opt.h. Am I doing the right thing?

Yes!, if you have a heap PPP_USE_PBUF_RAM is the option you should use,
it allows you to use a smaller PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE.

Sylvain